Event Technician (on-call)
Fort Mason Center is a destination for thought-provoking programs, events and organizations which support and reflect the evolving cultural fabric of San Francisco.
As a park partner of the Golden Gate National Park we are committed to providing the highest possible level of customer service to our residents, clients, and visitors.
Fort Mason Center (FMC) seeks an Event Technician to support our campus. We are seeking a qualified technician to provide exceptional customer service and support to a wide variety of events on our 13 acre campus. We require this person to be versatile, flexible, and experienced in event facility operations.
These positions report to the Event Technician Supervisor and the Events Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the daily operations of FMC events and rental facilities.
- Provide proper inventory management including keeping accurate counts, ensuring repairs of broken items, ordering and replacing as necessary.
- Perform pre and post event clean ups for rental facilities.
- Understand floor plans created by event associates and guarantee proper set up and breakdown of tables, chairs and other rented resources.
- Follow schedule to ensure correct placement of event banners on Buchanan gates, pavilions, daily schedules and room clipboards.
- Pay special attention to detail and safety in the workplace.
- Respond proactively to campus-wide event changes, requests, problems, and emergencies.
- Represent FMC to clients and visitors, using good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide client support in IT and audio visual; match customer needs with equipment that best suits their request.
- Support the FMC zero waste program including event waste management and daily bin monitoring.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures during events.
- Utilize FMC’s equipment billing process and procedures.
- Support Maintenance Staff when the need arises.
- Interact effectively with vendors, contractors and service providers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This job may occasionally supervise on call or temporary labor.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in event production.
- Demonstrated ability to lift at least fifty (50) pounds safely.
- Must be able to climb and work safely at various heights utilizing ladders, scaffolds, catwalks, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
Fort Mason Center is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified candidates, please send resumes, with cover letter, in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the words “Event Technician (on-call)” in the subject line of your message.
NO CALLS PLEASE.